York 90 furnace issue

Old 11-28-15, 10:08 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York 90 furnace issue

Two years ago I seemed to encounter a similar problem but this time things seem different. Last time I cleaned the flame sensor and things worked just fine...until now. I'm not knowledgeable on this type of stuff but this forum has helped so I'll try to give as much information as I can.

About a week ago I noticed my York 90 furnace in my condo continuously running but not providing a to of heat. As I live in Wisconsin this problem will get worse as we get deeper into winter. At first I thought it would be the flame sensor again. It would ignite and I'd here three or four clicks and gas wouldn't stay on. Happened two years ago. Cleaned it off and tried again to no avail. Put thinking about it off to the side as thanksgiving holiday got in way.

Started messing with it again, now I run into different issue. Starts up as usual, heating coil turn bright , gas turns on and stays on (sometimes right away,sometimes after a few clicks). Problem now is the heating coil goes out right when gas kicks in so it doesn't blow out any hot air. Runs fine for two to three minutes then gas goes off. Panel blinks red light four times (once doing this test a few times, I saw it do three blinks of red light).

I cleaned out the one tube with a straw by blowing and sucking gently. A tad bit of water comes out but nothing that seems out of ordinary. One thing I did notice, I think one of my tubes may have a small hole in it as blowing and sucking caused a very small water drop to build outside tube. One time I had the tube in as normal and just tried squeezing the tube to see if that would help and when gas kicked in, I could feel a whoosh on my hand.

Now, is this the root of all my issues? A teensy hole in that tube? Or any other potential issues? If there is any other information you need from me to help me out, just ask and I'll do what I can to help provide you the answer. Thank you .

Old 11-28-15, 10:51 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 38 Votes on 34 Posts
I would replace that pressure switch hose if it has a hole.

What does 4 flashes indicate with your 90% York furnace?

Is the air filter clean?

This 80% York furnace lists high limit trip for 4 flashes.

Old 11-29-15, 07:23 AM
J
I just ordered a new air filter as last one very dirty and haven't cleaned it since I moved in three years ago. Two pets probably didn't help it either.

Any idea what kind of hose I can order on Amazon?

My furnace says four blinking lights is an open high limit switch.

Old 11-29-15, 07:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Old 11-29-15, 07:52 AM
J
Ok thanks. Just ordered the hose and the air filters http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Pure-16...filter+16x20x1

Hope these two items take care of the issue. Any other possible culprits or try this first?

They will arrive Tuesday and will update then unless you post something else to check. THanks again.

Old 11-29-15, 08:14 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
The dirt will often pull past the air filter and collect on the evaporator coil after 3 years with pets.

The blower wheel should also be inspected. The blades of the blower wheel that scoop air will fill with dirt.

Old 11-29-15, 08:46 AM
J
Well I canceled my order for the tube. Looks like hole was right at end of tube so I pulled off. Snipped the end w a scissors and reattached. That'll save me 11 bucks. When the air filter comes I'll see if it fixes anything as removing the blower looks like a bigger project than I'd like to take on. Plus one thing at a time to see if it fixes anything.

Old 11-29-15, 09:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,963 Votes on 2,674 Posts
The 4 flash code is from an airflow issue. That would be your air filter.

Old 11-29-15, 09:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
You don't have to remove the blower to see the wheel in most cases.

Viewing the evaporator coil is often easy in horizontal applications.

Old 11-29-15, 09:09 PM
J
Alright fixed the tubing. Put the new filter in. Now it doesn't do anything and is giving me three blinking red lights.

Old 11-29-15, 11:21 PM
Group Moderator
The three blinking red code is pressure switch not closing. That means that the pressure switch is not seeing the correct vacuum from the draft inducer blower when it's running.

Check the hole in the center of the fitting on the blower where the hose attaches..... it may be plugged...... or that hose may have other issues. It needs to be perfect as you are dealing with a minute amount of vacuum.

Old 11-30-15, 06:52 AM
J
Well now it goes back and forth between three and four blinks. Last night once I cleared out the tubs by blowing in it w a straw, things seemed to work. This morning went to turn on and three blinking lights right away. Cleaned out tube again and it worked....for a few minutes before it stopped and gave me four blinking lights

Old 11-30-15, 06:55 AM
J
I feel like a it's very close to working as I can get it to run for a few minutes at a time. I can heat he condo this way just a really really inefienct way of doing it

Old 11-30-15, 07:07 AM
J
Possible lead or obstruction somewhere else? This is a picture of a small puddle of water, potential issue?

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...oads/image.jpg

Old 11-30-15, 09:34 AM
Group Moderator
I see a drain line in the bottom of the inducer. Did you check/clean that out ?

Old 11-30-15, 10:58 AM
J
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...ds/image_1.jpg

Another image w a small bit of water below the unit. I'm sure not sure how to check any of the tunes and can't tell where the water is coming from. I'm going to hope that this issue is what is causing my issue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: