Need help with gas furnace

Old 12-08-15, 11:55 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need help with gas furnace

We have a gas furnace in our home. The Model number is FUAB100A40E0. It is almost 20 years old. It was working fine and still does heat wise. The problem when it reach temp to turn off the furnace turns off but the fan does not. It takes it forever to cut off if it does. I have replace the old round type Honeywell thermo with a simple digital honeywell model. I have eyeballed everything there is to see and all looks ok to the eye. Really not much to check. I guess the main control model number is 50A50-571. What could it be? Please reply soon with any suggestions.

Old 12-09-15, 09:08 AM
Group Moderator
Received 2,944 Votes on 2,657 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That White Rogers furnace control board has the blower control on it. It has a timed off feature. The board has a jumper pin or plug for setting "blower off time". You could try removing and reinserting that..... otherwise it looks like the control needs to be replaced.

Yours may use little switches.... like the picture. Try moving them to the opposite position and then back. Make sure power is off when doing this.

Name:  50A55-3797_APD.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  44.6 KB

Old 12-09-15, 11:10 AM
E
Thanks for the reply. Now would I have to take the cover off to get to this to check? Not the cover to the furnace but to the control box thing. I do not recall seeing it like your pic when I had the furnace cover off.
By the way I am the original poster. My name is differentg on here for some reason.

Old 12-09-15, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
You may have signed in originally from a social media site. Usually causes issues.

You may have this version.... same board.... just a neat white cover.

Name:  board.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  38.2 KB

Old 12-10-15, 09:42 PM
E
The tech said it was the control board. They replaced it and it seems to be working correctly. I had put the old thermostat back on it. I thought the digital may have been causing problems. I showed it to them and they said it would not work. The model number of the digital one is RTH2410B1001. There is only 2 wires going to the thermostat. They said it needed a new thermostat and it had to be a conventional one for heat only. Can someone look up the model I just posted and see if it will work for me.

Old 12-11-15, 08:29 AM
Group Moderator
Just about any thermostat will work for that application and the one you posted will work fine.
You'll connect your wires to R and W/aux.

Old 12-11-15, 12:32 PM
E
Thanks so much for the reply. I just assumed the techs knew more than me by saying it had to be one for heat only. They even looked at the one I am going to install and no that it would not work. Good thing I did not tell them I had already installed it and it worked fine. I just reinstalled the old one to be sure that the new thermo was not the problem. I am sure they would have said yeah theres the problem. Thanks for the advice and our furnace is working fine now.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: