Aire-Flo

Old 12-16-15, 06:21 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Aire-Flo

Hello everyone! First post here!!! I'm sure there will be plenty, seeing as I am a first time homeowner. I have an Aire-Flo CG92. Right now it is operating normally, but usually it shuts down after a few seconds and the led light in the bottom window flashes 3 times, waits 2 seconds, and flashes 3 times again. I looked that code up in the manual and it says 3 flashes indicates that it is a pressure switch open with inducer on. I also need a new filter, the one that came with the house is too big. I have my homeowners warranty, but it costs about $75 to get them out here, and I don't know exactly what is covered or not.

A couple of questions:
Should I call the warranty people out and get this fixed? Is it worth the $75? Should I get them out here anyway to see if something else is wrong that I can get fixed for free?

The manual indicates that I need 16x20 2 qty disposable filter, and 1 quantity of a cleanable filter. This confuses me. Are the disposable filters thinner, thus needing 2? Is it better in the long run to just by a cleanable one? Also, there is no door covering where the filter goes. Is this normal?

Thank you so much!

Old 12-16-15, 06:43 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

One single replaceable filter would be ok. There isn't always a cover over it..... nothing major.

Some info on your furnace...aire-flo-hvac.com/products/pdfs/af_cg92_0908.pdf

The pressure switch is connected to the draft inducer blower with a rubber tube. Make sure the tube is clean. Check the fitting at the blower end for blockage. You can use small drill bits or a stiff piece of wire to make sure opening is clear.

Is your furnace set up for one or two PVC vents lines ?
They also need to be checked for any blockages... especially a nest on the outside.

For $75 it may be worth having them come out and check it.

Old 12-17-15, 12:44 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
>

Depends on the circumstances.

the physical size of a furnace depends on the BTU input of the furnace, and the same model furnace usually comes in several different BTU inputs to fit different applications.

A small BTU input furnace will have a smaller air flow through the furnace, and may need just one filter. A large BTU firnace will have a larger air flow and may need multiple filters to provide sufficient surface area for the air to flow through without restricting the air flow. Some furnaces are designed to have two filters in an A frame that increases the filter surface area in a smaller space.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: