Rheem Criterion II RCBA-3765GG17XI No Heat

Old 12-30-15, 06:29 PM
Rheem Criterion II RCBA-3765GG17XI No Heat

So my gas furnace will not give any heat. Whenever it powers on, the blower just runs but nothing ever attempts to light. Troubleshooting I have completed so far,

Removed all power, added all power, checked the high limit switches-none are tripped, removed the hose for the pressure sensor and it cleaned both connections-hose is clear and diaphragm does move. Checked the pressure switch on the diagram and it appears to be working-also removed both connectors on pressure switch and shorted to see if switch was bad nothing changed. Ignitor appears to be intact but does not click to trigger it. Checked lights on circuit board, when first powered on the Top green light comes on solid, the flame light blinks four times, and then goes off and the middle green light comes on.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Also reset the thermostat itself but did not change anything. Blower constantly blows whether the thermostat is set to heat or set to off.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-15, 09:43 AM
Any ideas guys and gals? Does anyone know where I can find a manual for this model furnace? My wife's ready to keel over from the South Daktoa winter, but won't have money for a service call till next week lol.

Old 12-31-15, 10:47 AM
Is the inducer fan running?

Old 12-31-15, 04:59 PM
Yes it is and it is actuating the pressure switch.

Old 12-31-15, 05:07 PM
Group Moderator
How do you know the pressure switch is closing ? It should be open until just after the inducer starts and then it closes and the igniter starts to heat up.

You have a control board that should be blinking a code. Remove the blower door and look at the back of it. All the codes should be described. Put the door back on, run the system until it defaults and read the code.

Remember, once the door is opened..... the code is cleared. You need to look thru the sight glass.

Old 01-01-16, 10:05 AM
I can see the pressure switch move as the inducer fan comes on. This unit is at least 15-20 years old and there is nothing on the back side of the door, I even looked at the control board cover but it only showed the connections. The vacuum switch pull in and the switch on the outside is released. I have also tried shorting the two leads together with no change.

I have removed the panel and taped over the switch, but when there is power added, the blower just runs as the thermostat is commanding it. It doesn't ever error out that I have seen and I let it run for two hours while I watched it. If it ever errored out shouldn't it shut off? Because it will not shut off at all unless the house meets the temp that is set.

Does it matter if lights on circuit board, when first powered on the Top green light comes on solid, the flame light blinks four times very rapidly, and then goes off and the middle green light comes on?