pressure blower not turning

Old 01-08-16, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pressure blower not turning

I have a Payne furnace and it has been giving me problems. A little history..... It was giving me the fault 31 code intermittently and would start working again on its own. Usually happens right after snow on very cold days. After watching some diy videos I found the drain was plugged a bit. I drained the water out of trap and it ran good. Now maybe different problem, the blower motor on the pressure system seems stripped out. When it fires up the motor spins fast and grinds but it doesn't seem to be spinning the fan. I turn it by hand and I can feel it slipping. Would this be something that would be caused by the fan or the whole blower assembly? I'm back getting fault 31 but I believe it is because the fan isn't spinning. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-16, 10:01 AM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Sounds like the blower wheel is loose on the shaft,there should be a set screw on the wheel to tighten it onto the shaft,but why would it come loose in the first place?is the wheel binding on the housing?

Old 01-08-16, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well once you said that I tore it apart to find the wheel was broken off the metal peice with the set screw. Bought a new wheel haven't put it on yet(I'm at work). So hopefully that all it is.

Old 01-08-16, 02:31 PM
Received 16 Votes on 16 Posts
Be sure to center the wheel in the housing.