Day and night 90 day plus furnace - burner ignition issue

Old 01-18-16, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Day and night 90 day plus furnace - burner ignition issue

Hello,

I'm new to furnaces and have come across a problem I'm hoping someone can assist with.

Recently the inducer motor went out on my day and night 350mav furnace. I just recently replaced the inducer motor assembly and when I kick on the furnace the steps go as:

Blower motor kicks on 90 s
Inducer motor kicks on
Igniter lights and suddenly turns off.

When I turn the power off to the furnace I get a code 12 that pops up but once the inducer motor kicks on the code goes away and the light remains solid. after this the furnace will try to cycle on again, go through the steps above and stops again at the same place. No error codes displayed after this just a solid light and it will keep doing this non stop until I turn the thermostat off or power.

Any help would be great . Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-16, 08:36 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 10 Votes on 8 Posts
I would clean the flame sensor and then place a jumper wire between R and W to prove it isn't a thermostat problem but I have had to replace the control board for these symptoms in the past.

Old 01-18-16, 09:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 345 Votes on 323 Posts
The code 12 just means that there was a call for heat when the power was turned on to the furnace.

A agree with Houston..... a dirty flame sensor could put the board into lockout.

Old 01-18-16, 10:09 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
If you have an old mercury style thermostat remove the stat wire on W before placing a jumper wire between the R and W terminals on the furnace to avoid possible damage to the heat anticipator.

Old 01-19-16, 04:05 AM
Thank you for the responses. I'll check the thermostat jump after work today and let you know. I did buy a new flame sensor and put it and the board was working fine prior to the install of the new inducer assembly. Thanks

Old 01-19-16, 04:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It is odd that you do not get an ignition or pressure switch error code.

Old 01-19-16, 11:54 AM
Hi all,

Seems I got it working (hope not short lived). Got home moved the gas lever slightly from full open position and checked the fuse in the motherboard. After this I fired it up and it started working. Thinking the gas valve was not open as it needed to and once I put it at 3/4 open it worked. Still weird no error message though even when I turnget d the gas valve all the way off and tried running it. Anyway, appreciate the direction and if it and up again, I'll be back.

Thanks, Brandon