Goodman Heat Furnace Issues

Old 01-19-16, 09:58 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman Heat Furnace Issues

Hello everyone,

I need some help with a Goodman Heat Furnace. When I turn on the thermostat, the request for heat is sent. The combustion fan pops on, runs for about 4 seconds, and then turns off. This will repeat until I turn the unit off. I have replaced the flame sensor and igniter. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Of course, this happens during the coldest days of 2016 for us so far (Alabama, will drop down to the teens tonight). Any help would be appreciated.

THanks,

Don

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-16, 01:00 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
<<When I turn on the thermostat, the request for heat is sent. The combustion fan pops on, runs for about 4 seconds, and then turns off. This will repeat until I turn the unit off.>>

The thermostat switches 24 VAC on to the W terminal on the furnace. When that terminal is energized with 24 VAC the inducer motor should turn on and stay on until the voltage is shut off.

Use a multimeter to measure the AC voltage between the R and C terminals. If the inducer motor stays on when the 24 VAC is present, then you have a problem with the thermostat not turning the furnace on reliably.

If you have 24 VAC being supplied constantly to the W terminal but the inducer motor still turns on and off, then measure the AC voltage being applied to the inducer motor.

If that voltage is turning on and off, then you have a problem with the circuit board, and it needs to be replaced.

If the 120 VAC to the inducer motor stays on reliably and the inducer motor doesn't stay on, you have a problem with the inducer motor, inducer motor fan or other problem with that system.

Old 01-19-16, 10:35 PM
Group Moderator
Received 327 Votes on 306 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

In addition to S.P.s advice..... if it's a battery operated thermostat.... try changing the batteries.