Goodman gmnt060-3b inducer motor (B4833000S)

Old 01-26-16, 02:54 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman gmnt060-3b inducer motor (B4833000S)

So I have this goodman furnace, installed in the home when it was built in late 2004. I cant tell for sure, but I'm guessing that the inducer motor that was in it when we first moved in 5 years ago was original to the furnace. However, in late 2012, the inducer motor went out. and the furnace would not start. I investigated it, and it seemed like an easy job to replace, so I did it myself. The replacement inducer motor lasted about 14 months and then it went out also. I replaced that one in December of 2014, and now this one is starting to hiccup. What happens is that the thermostat calls for heat and the inducer starts. It may run for a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes, then come to a grinding halt, then start up again by itself. In the previous ones that were replaced, sometimes it would halt completely and I'd need to use a screwdriver or something to move the fan, and then it would start up again. My question is, why does this keep happening? It seems like it should be an easy job to replace, and I took pictures before I started to make sure everything was in the right place. I also backed all the screws out and then back in at the same time to make sure that it was installed level, although that doesnt seem like it would matter too much, unless it was way off. Also, there doesnt seem to be anywhere to oil the motor, unless there is and that is the problem. I'd hate to call a pro in to tell me that I have the lowest model goodman furnace they made and try to up sell me on a new one, which has happened before at a previous house. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-16, 06:58 PM
Addendum

I've also found a different part that may be better (?), but I'd like an expert opinion first ... I've found Fasco part# A188 that says it's compatible with my Goodman part# B4833000S, but I'd like an expert's knowledge to tell me it's okay, seeing as it's a $170 purchase, with a 20% restocking fee if I'm wrong ... It says that the Fasco unit is compatible with Goodman part# B4833000, but I dont know enough to know the difference between Goodman part# B4833000 and Goodman Part# B4833000S.

Old 01-26-16, 07:09 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
The S model is a replacement for the obsolete non S model.
These are basically interchangeable.

Name:  inducer.JPG
Views: 343
Size:  33.9 KB

I have to admit.... I like the look of that Fasco motor better.

Old 01-28-16, 08:48 AM
Super Duper Helpful, thanks PJ. As I said, this is the 3rd motor I've replaced in 4 years (all have been the B4833000S model). The last one only went for 13 months, and really not even that since it's been a decent spring and fall and we didnt need to use the furnace at all for long spells. Is this just a faulty part or something? I've watched about 5 inducer assembly replacement videos online, and even though the models are different, it's somewhat of a difficult job to screw up if you're even remotely handy. Is this something I'm doing wrong, or is it just garbage replacement parts. I cant see how a company like Goodman would still be around if this is their business model ...

Old 01-28-16, 09:01 AM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
I can't really explain why you are having issue. I've very rarely had to change an inducer motor more than once for a customer.