Gas valve cycles on and off during heat cycle flame orange

Old 01-31-16, 11:14 AM
Gas valve cycles on and off during heat cycle flame orange

Nordyne model CMH72-A serial 1D0788-00707

After taking the blower off and cleaning it and reinstalling it the furnace now has another issue. The gas valve for the main burner keeps cycling on and off throughout the heat cycle while the blower is on and the flame and Pilot light are sometimes orange and sometimes blue. The burner will come on for preheat no issues but once the blower comes on the main burner will click on and off every couple seconds. It's not a normal click on the gas valve either aost like a short circuit sound. Do i take it apart cleaning it if it indeed the issue or is too much air now that the blower is clean getting down into there? I still get heat just the burner is acting up.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-16, 01:12 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
I can't find much reference material on your furnace on line.

Please post the make and model of the electric gas valve, which will be on that part.

It's pretty likely that there is a bad wiring connection causing the problem. Check all the wires for loose or bad connections, including plastic plugs.

Also, measure the AC voltage across the electrical connections to the electric gas valve to see if the 24 VAC that should keep the gas on is being interrupted, causing the gas valve to shut off.

Very likely that is happening.

Old 01-31-16, 01:41 PM
Group Moderator
When I do a search for CMH72-A..... you are the only one that comes up. Every time you've had a problem is listed but there are no other mentions of that furnace but yours.

I know it's technically a Miller wall furnace but there is nothing showing that model number.

Old 01-31-16, 01:56 PM
Valve model 36c67 type 176 and burner is model cmb72 Edit try this for serial number of furnace M00788-00707.

Old 01-31-16, 03:34 PM
UPDATE redid the electrical connections to the gas valve buy putting new connectors on the wires and to the ones on the flame rollout switch. Cleaned the switch cleaned out the burner chamber with a shop vac cleaned the flame sensor cleaned the end of the burner with a tooth brush. Ran it through a cycle and it behaved so will watch it and see what happens.