Honeywell aqua stat issues

Old 02-03-16, 03:25 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Honeywell aqua stat issues

I replaced a Honeywell aquastat relay L8148A for a new one but now the furnace is not kicking on. I rewired everything as it was. The reason I replaced it was the circulator circuit was not operating. I tested for power on L1 and L2 and it has power. Am I missing something? Please help.

Last edited by Ruffian; 02-03-16 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-16, 04:47 PM
C
Is it calling for heat?

That control only responds (burner runs) when there is a call for heat. Jumper T-T terminals and the burner should fire (B1 terminal will get power as well as C1).

Old 02-03-16, 05:42 PM
R
Ctoil, that fired up the furnace, thank you. I have 2 zones. I turned the tstat on the first floor up to call for heat but the furnace didn't fire. I then went to the 2nd floor and turned up the tstat and the furnace fired up. Could I possibly have a bad tstat on the 1st floor? It's fairly new.

Old 02-03-16, 10:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 732 Votes on 687 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you have two stats that means you have zone valves. The stat tells the appropriate valve to open and when the valve opens an end switch inside of it closes and tells the boiler to fire. You need to check and see if that zone valve is opening.

If it is...... the zone valve motor unit is most likely bad due to a defective end switch.
If it isn't... then it may be a bad stat.

There should be a manual lever on the valve that opens the valve. If the valve is not powered.... that lever will be sluggish to move. If the lever moves easily... the valve is open.

Old 02-04-16, 03:43 AM
R
PJ. When I raise the temperature on the t'stat on the 1st floor, the zone valve does open but the furnace doesn't fire. When I do the same on the 2nd floor, the furnace fires up. I'm assuming the zone valve on the 1st floor is bad. So what you're telling me is the furnace NEVER fires up unless there's a call for heat?

Old 02-04-16, 05:29 AM
Received 36 Votes on 34 Posts
Did the zone work before you replaced the control?

Old 02-04-16, 06:13 AM
R
Yes it did. After taking apart the wire connections of the zone valve this morning and putting them back together, the zone valve works as it should. I don't why it wasn't working at first as I did not touch these wires when I replaced the aquastat relay. Weird!

Old 02-04-16, 07:51 AM
Received 36 Votes on 34 Posts
Glad to hear you got it working, always satisfying when you figure something out by yourself.