Does it matter which tube goes to which pressure switch?

Old 02-03-16, 08:28 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it matter which tube goes to which pressure switch?

Hi,
I have a 2 stage Amani AMH95. So what I want to find out is, Does it matters which tube goes to which pressure switch? It has 2 pressure switches, the top pressure switch was connected to inducer and the bottom pressure switch was connected to the front coil cover. There was not enough vacuum to close the bottom switch, I cleaned and checked everything and even bought a new inducer and circuit board and nothing worked. It would just go through the ignition cycle no gas and shut down. Then I thought maybe try swapping nipples as the coil cover nipple is way smaller than the inducer nipple and the tube is twice as long and it worked, the burner lit up and was working as normal. Any thoughts??

Old 02-03-16, 11:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,181 Likes on 2,856 Posts
I'm still baffled by your issues there. I was going to combine this with your other thread as it's all one topic but I'll leave it solo for now. We keep things in one thread so the same questions that were asked before don't need to be asked again.

You have a multi poise furnace.... mounts in different directions. I left you a link to a service manual in your other thread. Did you ever look at it ? It's the closest I can find to yours. It has the vacuum hose routing in it.

Old 02-05-16, 11:41 AM
F
If you block the flu and the unit trips it works. The pressure switch is just there to make sure the unit is exhausting to the out side... just don't leave it blocked or you may die

Last edited by Fridgey44; 02-05-16 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 02-10-16, 02:34 PM
S
Hi everyone,
So my furnace is a two stage amh95 I was getting a 3 blinking light signal indicating the pressure switch was closed. I have cleaned everything no clogs anywhere and tested the pressure switches I replaced the one that seemed to be not working correctly and still have the same problem without the flashing light. I replaced the inducer blower and circuit board and hoses and still no change. It cycles through the inducer blower starts igniter lights the gas does not turn on cycles through 3 times and locks out, if I suck on the pressure switch hose that is connected to the pressure switch next to the gas valve the burners ignite and it works. So my question is. If there is no error code could it still be the pressure switch? And if not what else could it be? Cheers Simon

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: