95+ two stage Nordyne M7 Install: Base and Vent Help

Old 09-15-16, 05:30 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
95+ two stage Nordyne M7 Install: Base and Vent Help

I drywalled and painted my alcove in preparation for my 2 stage M7 install. I have the one with the coil cabinet(future use) and top return which I am covering and installing a side return. I have 3/4 plywood as a base. The furnace will sit on top of a duct fitting that has a thin strip of fiberglass insulation that will contact the plywood. The coil cabinet will be basically sitting on the plywood. It there any issues doing it like this or should I have some insulating material in place. Also the instructions show some kind of small vent in the closet/alcove. I assume this is just for airflow as the furnace is sealed combustion. I also only have 8 inches to the ceiling so I have have to go into a long radius ell back two feet and shoot upwards with another long radius ell to where the old chimney went through. Each runs uses 5 to 6 feet of 2 inch pvc. Any thoughts on any of this. Thanks and God bless.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-16, 07:48 PM
Group Moderator
Received 260 Votes on 245 Posts
I service the units but don't get involved in the install.
Most people don't DIY install their own furnace and the actual installers know all the requirements for what they are installing.

If you could post the full model number I could post the installation manual in case you didn't get one with the furnace. The exhaust and fresh air piping should be illustrated in it. The model number will be on an ID tag inside on the side wall near the burner area.

Old 09-27-16, 11:24 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It's clear to me that you shouldn't be installing your furnace. Do yourself a favor and have a competent person do the job for you.