Blower is running full time on my gas furnace but no heat.

Old 09-30-16, 07:50 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blower is running full time on my gas furnace but no heat.

Hi, I am new to this site so I am not sure how this works. I have a gas furnace and I want my blower to run full time, but when I switch my wires to make this happen my furnace would not produce heat. Would anyone know how to make this possible?

Old 09-30-16, 08:00 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Best not to hitchhike on a thread especially when it's not a similar problem.

Your title is misleading. Your furnace IS/WAS running correctly until you made the wiring change for the blower..... correct ?

Tells us what you did. Pictures of the board/wiring area are really helpful. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

Old 10-01-16, 08:54 AM
R
Sorry about the hitchhike, I am new to the site and have no idea how to start one on a new subject.
First of all my furnace was running fine and I wanted my blower to run continous. So I changed the white wire on my thermostat to the green wire spot and did the same on my furnace. The blower ran full time when I put the thermostat on but then I could not get it to heat. So I changed it back and its working fine. How can I get the blower to run full time and still have heat?

Old 10-01-16, 09:32 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
R = 24 volt power
G = fan
W = heat

You will need more than 2 conductors to add this function.
If pulling wire isn't an option there are thermostats capable of running your system with only 2 conductors.

Old 10-01-16, 11:43 AM
R
I have a Honeywell thermostat and it has four wires, B,G,W,R. But only the red and white are connected.

Old 10-01-16, 01:56 PM
Group Moderator
In my first post I left you a picture posting link. Can you take a picture at or inside the furnace where the thermostat wiring connects and post it for us ?

Old 10-01-16, 05:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 17 Votes on 14 Posts
Connect the G wire to G at the stat and furnace to add independent fan control.

R and W must remain connected .

It is less confusing if you post wire colors and what terminals are listed at the thermostat and the furnace. ( Or post pics as PJ has posted)

Old 10-02-16, 11:18 AM
R
Here is a picture of my furnace connection, I am not sure if I did it right or not. I took the picture from my IPad and the instructions that Pjmax gave me did not show up the same on my IPad. It was a little different. Anyway what I have is the red and white wire are connected but not the blue or green. So should I connect the green wire on the G terminal at the furnace and at the themost to get the heat to work and to be able to run the blower full time? So after I hit send, the picture showed up, but it was upside down and not very good. So now I have an idea how to do it so if you need a better picture I will try again.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  36.7 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 10-02-16 at 03:21 PM. Reason: reoriented picture
Old 10-02-16, 03:31 PM
Group Moderator
Sorry.... I don't own a pad.... just a high speed laptop so I don't know what the pad pic loading looks like.

The picture was so we could see the available terminals.
I'm guessing the ones I can't see are W1 and W2 ?
Was that yellow jumper already on W1 - W2 ?

It looks like white is on W1 and red is on R. That's correct. Now green should be on the G terminal.

At the stat end.... white = W, red = R and green = G.

Trying to figure out what that gray wirenut is on

Old 10-03-16, 02:10 PM
R
The jumper was already onW1 & W2 and that is not a wire nut, it is insulation that is sticking out of the wire that the smaller wires are in. I Attached another picture . Name:  image.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  41.1 KB

Old 10-04-16, 10:36 AM
R
Thanks you Pjmax and Houston 204 for your help. I took your advice and everything work out fine. My furnace blower is running full time and the heat is working as needed. Thank you

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: