Musings from Nordyne M7 install and Fan Control

Old 01-01-17, 04:09 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Musings from Nordyne M7 install and Fan Control

I had an earlier thread about staging issues but I came to conclude the NOS HW 8320 stat is defective. The "Heat" would only work when (R) terminal jumpered to the rc terminal. It gives a double click (satisfied) since I have it set to run the package A/C fan for 30 sec. longer. I found it would operate set to single stage and used the auto staging on the board. This seems to work well. I keep it at a constant 72 as I am retired and my beloved works part time. She rises at three so setback doesn't make sense for four or so hours. Propane usage seems pretty good. Using the auto staging at a set temp seems to be satisfied by the first stage. I just got another stat. to hook up. so I guess I'll just set the new stat accordingly.

What I miss is having the ability for fan control. I was able to run the old furnace fan for circulation and have mechanical temp settings which would bring the fan on the second time to take the latent heat from the hx. I love the ecm's quieter operation but miss the control. Be nice if I could kick it in on low throughout the day for circulation. Any thoughts on circulation ? The blower section stays between 90-100 degrees between runs and that is the longest run time jumper setting . Happy New year to all. God bless.

Old 01-01-17, 04:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Not having an M7 manual, I don't know how to tell you a way to keep the fan on for circulation but I'm sure there is a way. Look on the board. There may be a switch or a jumper for constant circulation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: