York Furnace Ignition Lockout

Old 11-22-16, 01:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Furnace Ignition Lockout

I have a York furnace, model GY8S100B16UH11C. It has five burners, but it is locking out due to retries. I found on the forum before that it could be the sensor. I pulled it out and cleaned it, but that didn't work. I still thought that may be the problem, so I ordered another. I replaced it today, and the furnace is still not working. I can turn it on, the ignitor turns red, I can hear gas start to come out, all burners turn on for a couple of seconds, but then go out. This happens three times before I get the 7 blinking lights again. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-16, 01:10 PM
Group Moderator
Received 345 Votes on 323 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You must make sure the rod is engulfed in the flame. Many times all the burners aren't lighting fully and the rod is not in a flame.

Observe the rod and the burner ignition.

Old 11-22-16, 01:38 PM
I noticed when I purchased the replacement that the rod doesn't seem to be centered in the flame, but it is in the correct location. It appears to be completely in the fifth flame.

Old 11-22-16, 01:58 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The rod needs to be touching the flame.

The main burner gas should turn on and the gas should light promptly off the hot surface ignitor.

IF the circuit board detects that the burners are lit, the gas stays on.

IF the circuit board doesn't detect that the main burners have lit, the main burner gas is shut off by the circuit board after about three seconds ansd a new ignition trial begins. This is what is happening for you.

Check to make SURE that the circuit board has a good ground to the furnace sheet metal.

Use a multimeter to measure the AC voltage being applied to the flame sensor when the ignition trial is going on. In most cases, you should find a 24 VAC voltage being supplied by the circuit board. If you don't you have a bad board.

If you have that voltage, measure the microamps DC flowing along the flame sensor wire when the burners are lit. (1 microamp = 1,000,000 amp). Usually you should see 4-5 uamps when the main burners are lit and the flames are touching the flame sensor. Report back with what you find.

Old 12-28-16, 05:40 AM
have you found out what is wrong with your furnace. could it be the board