Amana 80 sse troubleshoot.

Old 12-20-16, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Amana 80 sse troubleshoot. Blower running but no heat, 4 blink code

Good day,

I have been having trouble wIth my furnace. I will try to describe the best I can. I had a tune up on the furnace a few months ago, but just recently was the first I fired it up. The first problem I noticed was the fan was running but no heat was blowing ( it was during the night and the heat worked but eventually stopped). I did see the 4 blink code on the furnace (which is the upper limit or rollout). If I leave furnace off for a while and then restart it will fire back up and run as usual,. The problem seems to be reoccuring after it runs and restarts a few times, then no heat and fan stays on. Could this be just replacing the limit switch, which auto resets? I also noticed a very minimal flame disturbance when I took the door off. I'm hoping it's not the heat exchanger, any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by Bmw8192; 12-20-16 at 11:34 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-16, 11:37 AM
Received 12 Votes on 11 Posts
Simple stuff first - airflow: Do you have good airflow coming from the vents? Make sure the tech replaced the air filter. Normally you want the cheapest air filter you can find. 99 fiberglass that you can almost see through. Also check that all of the registers are open and no returns are blocked.

Old 12-21-16, 01:30 PM
Received 28 Votes on 23 Posts
if the limit is tripping, you have to figure out why. don't be a parts changer.

fiberglass filters are terrible if you have an a/c coil. the filter may or may not be the culprit, can't tell without removing it and seeing if it stops tripping.

there's nothing wrong with pleated 1" filters if correctly sized for the airflow.