Bryant Plus 90 Propane Furnace keeps faulting out for flame roll-out

Old 10-10-17, 07:00 PM
Question Bryant Plus 90 Propane Furnace keeps faulting out for flame roll-out

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum- This morning I noticed my 24v thermostat had gone dark. After closer inspection I realized this was caused by my Bryant propane forced air furnace being in a fault state flashing code 13 which points to the flame roll-out sensor. I had to get to work so I reset the sensor and left for the day. When I returned the furnace was flashing the same code. I did this test tonight with a lit match and it appears the heat exchanger is not cracked. There was no effect to the flame in any of the 4 openings into the heat exchanger while the fan was on.

There are 4 jets on this furnace. Two of the jets on the right burn really clean. The 2 on the left have an orange flame and burn with soot. I'm assuming this is the cause of the problem. Here is a video of the flame. What could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you - Shane

Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-17, 09:02 AM
That unit needs to be turned off immediately.
Gas pressure and draft need to be checked, and the unit tested with a combustion analyzer. The jets on the left could be clogged or even the wrong size.
There is also damage to the tube sheet on the heat exchanger panel. It needs to be looked at and verified ok.
The flame all across looks lazy and weak.

Old 10-11-17, 07:11 PM
bryant/carrier furnaces had problems with their secondary heat exchangers.

The plastic coating fails, comes off and causes blockages.

there was a class action suite, carrier/bryant have to cover labour.

Primary heat exchanger could be bad too, can have other problems that would be picked up by a tech checking the above.

All the burners look bad, with the flame not being pulled into the heat exchanger inlets.

This unit is totally unsafe to operate.

Old 10-12-17, 04:40 PM
Here is the secondary heat exchanger

Here is a video showing the corrosion in the secondary heat exchanger. Is this covered under the warranty?https://photos.app.goo.gl/gRm5JwovPNWFzMSE3

Old 10-14-17, 07:45 AM
The secondary heat exchanger is covered under warranty 👍

So it turns out the the secondary heat exchanger is covered under Bryant's extended warranty. Not bad for a 17 year old furnace.

Old 10-14-17, 07:34 PM
yah get it fixed.

primary should be checked before repair. could be cracked by now - can do both at same time.

___
ignore stupid screen name.