Lennox Furnace not heating

Old 10-16-17, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox Furnace not heating

Hello,

I have a Lennox Elite series Surelight furnace. Model: 90UGFA2-50-6.

I am having two issues.

First issue I am having is with the Furnace FAN. It won't turn on when thermostat is set to HEAT mode and FAN is in AUTO mode. If I turn the FAN to ON it works fine.

I had this issue last year and I manually restarted the furnace and it worked fine but I am having the same issue this year again and the manual restart of the furnace hasn't helped.

Second issue which started yesterday is I have no HOT AIR now even if I put the FAN in ON mode.
When I put the FAN into AUTO or ON mode and observe the furnace, I do hear the inducer motor turning ON which shuts down after around a minute.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

tx

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-17, 01:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Surelight is the name on a control board. What is the part number on that Surelight control board ?
I'm showing that furnace to use a fan control board which is not common when there is a furnace board used.

Old 10-16-17, 06:30 PM
I put the furnace and FAN to ON and looked through the FLAME SIGHT GLASS and I didn't notice any light or fire. Am I supposed to see any fire or lights inside?

This is my first time dealing with a furnace so I am not sure on that.

Another thing I would like to share is the Diagnostic lights status on the control board. When Inducer is ON I see both diagnostic lights blinking which seemed normal to me based on few videos I watched on youtube. When Inducer shuts down the diagnostic light 1 turns off while light 2 keeps on blinking.

I am not sure if it helps in any way in narrowing down what I might be experiencing.

Any advise is greatly appreciated.

tx

Old 10-16-17, 08:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
User manual... lennox pros/docs/Technical/503629M.pdf

Your code is showing a problem with the pressure switch. It could be a blockage in the main flue or a problem with the vacuum connection between the pressure switch and the draft inducer blower.

This can be a tricky DIY repair. If you have a gas provider.... I'd call them for service and cleaning.

Manual covering the surelight ignition system....
ac furnace parts/service manuals/surelight.pdf

Old 10-17-17, 08:01 AM
The issue was the inlet pipe filled with stones and debris by my toddlers. I took everything out and the furnace is working like new.

thanks a lot for all the help guys, much appreciated !!!