Lennox ML180UH not blowing hot air

Old 10-25-17, 04:33 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lennox ML180UH not blowing hot air

Flipped to heat this morning. First time this year so was waiting for that lovely here's the gas smell. Didn't happen. Checked vents and no air flow. Turned off at thermostat and waited 5 minutes. Nothing. Turned off power at furnace and waited 5 minutes. Nothing. Opened panel and flipped gas to off, waited 5 minutes. Still nothing. Looked through the little window at the bottom and there's a blinking red light. Blinks 3 times, pauses, blinks three times. Checked the manual and, as far as I can tell from the table of blink codes, the red in fast flash without a corresponding green doesn't really mean anything unless there's also a green light (page 7 of this manual. I may be reading that wrong.

Furnace has been fine for 3 years and blows cold air no problem, so I don't think it's the dirty filter. Any thoughts?

Edit: I took the bottom panel off and there's only 1 LED. So now I really have no idea about the blink codes from the manual...

I also made sure all the connections on the circuit boards were secure.

I've got HVAC guy coming out this afternoon, but if it's something easy that I can fix before that, I'd rather save the money.

Last edited by hmhill17; 10-25-17 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Additional information.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-17, 06:35 AM
The way I read it you have a problem with the flame sensor. Try cleaning it and make sure the wire is tightly connected.

Old 10-25-17, 09:05 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skaggsje View Post
The way I read it you have a problem with the flame sensor. Try cleaning it and make sure the wire is tightly connected.
That seems to have been the problem. I Googled flame sensor, found a video on how to remove it, cleaned it wish a rough dish sponge, put it back and I have heat. Just saved me a $100+ visit from the HVAC guy.