York P3URD14N09501-no diagnostic light

Old 10-25-17, 12:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York P3URD14N09501-no diagnostic light

I have lost my diagnostic red lite on my furnace, in addition I have no power to the Ventor motor and of course it won't lite and run. I am getting ready to order a new Control Board-There is power to the Control Board, I checked that but no Diagnostic lite coming on. Can someone advise me about this situation.
Prior to this happening, the furnace would run and blow warm air, but the blower would continue running and blow cold air.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-17, 12:38 PM
Group Moderator
Received 340 Votes on 318 Posts
This seems to be a continuing problem there. You've had several threads here with a dead furnace.

In this thread you discovered a dead transformer. It sounds like the same problem again.
york-p3ur-furnance-has-no-power

You need 24VAC at the control board.

Old 10-25-17, 01:00 PM
How do I check the transformer, I did replace it not long ago-Would that put out the Diagnostic lite.

Old 10-25-17, 01:08 PM
Group Moderator
Yes... a dead transformer means no power to the board.

You need to use a voltmeter to check the 120vac to the transformer and the 24vac out of it. Use your old thread as a guide. I left a link to it. Also check the fuse you installed.

Old 10-26-17, 07:13 AM
UPDate- I have power to the Board and I get one Red lite at the start- I checked the Fuse I installed and it was blown, changed it, and now get one blink on the Diagnostic lite. Checking the Transformer, I have 120 going in and 21 volts going out-Not sure if the less then 24 volts is critical or not.

Old 10-26-17, 08:42 AM
Normally you see 26-27 VAC. Time for a new transformer.

Old 10-26-17, 04:30 PM
Maybe its reading 27 not 21, will check it again -later though, I am too tired right now-

Old 10-26-17, 09:03 PM
Group Moderator
It's probably ok. Is everything working again ?
Sounds like you have a wiring issue/short. That's why I recommended the fuse..... to save the transformer.

Old 10-27-17, 07:15 AM
No everthing is not working, no power to ventor motor-

Old 10-27-17, 09:37 PM
Group Moderator
On a call for heat the first thing that happens is the draft inducer starts. You said no power. Did you check across the two wires for 120VAC ? If the 120v is not there then the board is defective.

Since the draft inducer is not running you should be getting a pressure switch fault code.

Old 11-02-17, 04:22 AM
Update-I installed a new Control Board, had one little problem, 9 blinks on the Diagnostic lite, Polarity, I also installed a new Transformer, so I switched the 120v lines, cured the problem- The Furnace still would not run, I have 5 new Limit switches, and none of them work right, so I reinstalled my Original Limit switch, the furnace is working ok, but not perfect, so I ordered a new Limit switch, and a new Roll out switch- I will let you know what happens after I installed them.

Old 11-02-17, 10:36 AM
Group Moderator
I'm not sure what the problem is with the limit switches. They are good or they are bad..... rarely intermittent and especially when new.

Old 11-03-17, 01:00 PM
Well I installed the new Limit switch , and no luck, the dam thing will turn the furnace on, but it won't shut off the fan, it continues to blow cold air after the burner is shut off, it runs on and on. Anyone have a solution to this problem, I will greatly appreciate it. Am I right that the Limit switch turns the Blower fan on and off.

Last edited by Bilhar381; 11-03-17 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Limit swich function
Old 11-03-17, 04:24 PM
Group Moderator
No... the limit switch shuts the burner down on overheat.

Your control board should be of the type that uses a timer to turn the blower on and turn it off. Open the blower access door and read what it says on the control board. It should give the blower on and off times on it.

I believe you changed the control board. Either it has a problem or you have a thermostat issue supplying power on the G (green) wire in the fan AUTO mode. You can disconnect the G wire from the control board. If the fan still continues to run.... it's definitely a board problem.

Old 11-04-17, 03:15 AM
Thanks for that info PJmax, I will look at the T-stat wire-I wired the new control board same as the old board, and I am having the same problem .

Old 11-04-17, 12:49 PM
Jesus what is next, after running for awhile this morning, the dam Furnace blower will not turn on, not on auto or on fan -someone help me because I am out of ideas.

Old 11-04-17, 03:48 PM
Group Moderator
The blower motor connects to the same control board. You will see multiple neutral push on connectors. You should also see Circ blower or heat circ blower. That will be 120v hot to neutral when the blower should be running.

The board controls just about everything. When something doesn't work..... check for voltage coming off the board. If voltage is measured.... board is good - motor could be bad.

Name:  B_58.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  25.8 KB

Old 11-05-17, 04:46 AM
I changed the control board to ICM2808, and that CIRC line was not indicated on the new board, so I connected it to the 4th terminal from the right and it goes to the Blower motor. Tell me if this is wrong .

Last night I grew tired of trying to make the furnace work, so I turned the Selector switch on the T-stat from Heat to Off, the Fan control was on Fan, not Auto, and low and behold the dam fan started working, I let it blow out the warm air as the burner had been on. Then I turned it all off, went to bed. This morning its doing to same thing. Can someone tell me what is going on with this dam Furnace.

Old 11-05-17, 08:42 AM
Group Moderator
For a tech like me..... these problems are easy to locate. To try and tell you what to look for and check for and how to do it is the problem.

Your replacement board doesn't say CIRC but it does say HEAT and COOL for blower hot taps. Neutral are also labeled.

With that control board..... the FAN/Auto switch will force the blower on if it's not on. That means that if the thermostat is in FAN ON mode.... the fan runs continuously..... regardless if calling for heat or cooling.

Now.... here may be the problem. You will need to confirm this. The board puts the blower in HEAT blower mode during heating. When you put the stat in FAN ON mode..... it may activate the cooling blower tap. That would make the blower run faster but would disconnect the heat blower setting. You can see which tap becomes hot in FAN ON mode.

Name:  icm2808_zm.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  49.4 KB

You may actually have a problem with the cooling section of the blower motor..... be it the blower or wiring.

Old 11-06-17, 02:51 AM
Progress: I have heat now most of the time-The diagnostic lite was blinking 3 red flashes, which is a Pressure switch problem, I found I had a new pressure switch , so I installed it, and that solved most of my problems, Right now the heat and fan comes on, but once in awhile when it stops at temp, the fan will continue to work, but the furnance does not lite.