Blower fan problems

Old 10-25-17, 04:42 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blower fan problems

Model of the furnace: Keeprite high efficiency gas furnace
Thermostat: Honeywell 4110 PRO
Thermostat wiring: 4 wires [No C wire]
Heating and cooling: yes

I bought a new house and the furnace is one year old. Due to renovations, no one lived here so not sure it has been used. temperatures fell and I started using heating. Below are the events that follow:
  • Heat call is made at thermostat and I can hear the condensate fan starting
  • After a min or so, the burners kick in. I can see the blue flames running for about 2-3 mins
  • Sometimes the blower kicks in and sometimes it doesn't. [This is the key problem]
    • If the blower kicks in, the heating is normal until cut-off temp, when the entire furnace shuts down
    • If the blower doesn't kick in, the burners are shut down with fault code 4 which turns to 7 and the loop starts again [The KeepRite fault codes are here: http://tradesmandrcool.com/wp-conten...TEHighEff.pdf]
Repetition rate: 6/10

Troubleshooting steps already done:
  • Vents and filter: checked. No blocks
  • Piping: checked. No blocks
  • Reset switches: tried
  • Blower squirrel cage rotation by hand: free to rotate
  • When the blower runs, no noise or humming sound is there
  • Thermostat wiring: checked
  • Few days ago, the blower did not kick in at all. I Shut down the entire furnace and started the next day -> it worked but today its giving the intermittent runs again
  • Condensate drainage: great

Before calling the HVAC technician and paying him $100, I want to know where could be there problem?

Any more troubleshooting steps will be highly appreciated. I just want to isolate the problem.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-17, 05:04 PM
Received 28 Votes on 24 Posts
Possible a loose connection. Check all wire terminations between the blower motor and the power relay for tight connections. If the motor is multiple speeds, try a different speed by moving the power wire . Terminations for different speeds are usually marked HIGH, MED and LO at the motor or near the power relay. Hope this helps.

Old 10-25-17, 06:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Not sure if wiring is the case. I checked it many times. No luck. Any other areas to look for?

Old 10-25-17, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 333 Votes on 311 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'm not familiar with Keep Rite products and it appears they were bought by ICP. There will be a model number for your furnace on the inside wall near the burner on an ID plate.

There should be a capacitor attached to your blower motor and that's where I would normally start but they don't usually go bad in a year..... or on a one year old furnace.

Have you tried putting the thermostat into FAN ON mode ?