york furnace tg9s080b12mp11a control board clicking

Old 11-17-17, 06:54 AM
york furnace tg9s080b12mp11a control board clicking

Hi All,

I have a york furnace tg9s080b12mp11a. I needed to replace out the control board as no power was getting to blower motor. So I replaced it with a new one from repair clinic (https://www.repairclinic.com/Shop-Fo...rd-Timer-Parts)

The furnace was working for about a month but now at times it goes through the start up cycle and the boards starts clicking. Its coming from one of the 4 black boxes on the board is clicking but cant tell as I feel the vibration on all of them. Other times the furnace cycles up and starts a three red blink. The pressure switches have been replaced as well.

I have vaccuumed the furnace, the filter has been cleaned, and the intake and exhaust pipes are clear

Any thoughts on troubleshooting

Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-17, 09:27 AM
Remove the hose on the inducer blower and pressure switch make sure the blower connector is clear.

Old 11-17-17, 12:05 PM
Yes have done that on both the low and high pressure switches. I did the paper clip technique to make sure there was not spec od dust. I can even blow and suck and hear the switch working properly. I have also removed the leads and made sure all contacts are clean.

As for the board where the clicking is I am not sure what the 4 black cubes goto they are not really on the main wiring diagram their numbers are k2 through k5. I have not been able to get any real info online. I don't think these go to the fan capacitor or anything like that. Thats why I need some pointers. The local York repair guys are talking 1k to walk in the door and it's not something I can afford especially if its just a short or a wire.

Old 11-17-17, 01:29 PM
The black cubes are relays. Do you have a voltmeter ?