Furnace ignitor won't turn to red. But the blower and inducer ok

Old 12-09-17, 02:16 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furnace ignitor won't turn to red. But the blower and inducer ok

Hi everyone
I do not know how to post a new thread. But this one seems related to my question. I have a White Rodgers 50a50 206 to control my furnace. When I turned heat on, I only got the cold air blow to my house. I went down to check the furnace and find out that the gas valve was in close position. Probably I shut it down and forgot about it in the summer. So I open the gas valve. Now when I turn on the heat in the room control board again. I still get cold air. The ignitor wire did not turn to hot red so the gas valve control did not supply the gas. (see second pic) The blower still works (see pic 3, the main blower is not in the pic). Just the ignitor did not turns to red. I measured the voltage goes to this ignitor wire, it is 0. I also pushed the push button shown in the fifth pic. I am thinking some where I need to reset the control. But could not find where to. I do not have service manual. Appreciate if anyone can help.

Attached Images      
Old 12-09-17, 02:45 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,412 Votes on 1,306 Posts
Started new thread.

After you set the thermostat to call for heat...... the inducer should start immediately. In approx 15 seconds the igniter needs to get 120vac. If it doesn't get the 120v the board will attempt a restart. There is a red LED on the control box. It will guide you to where the problem is. You said the inducer is running but there may be a vent or flue problem as the pressure switch needs to close before the igniter will light.

That igniter looks pretty beat too.

I don't know where that switch is. Is it on the blower door ?
Is yes... it needs to be kept in.

Old 12-09-17, 02:48 PM
S
Have you reset the roll out switches ?

Old 12-09-17, 07:54 PM
M
Hi Pete
Thanks for the answer. When the blower panel in place. The push button is pushed in so this is the switch?

Old 12-09-17, 07:57 PM
M
Where is the roll out switches? I do not know what they are and looks like.

Old 12-09-17, 08:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,412 Votes on 1,306 Posts
Yes... that's the safety switch for the blower door.

The roll out switches would be directly above the burner..... almost like where those two red wires are.
I don't think that is the issue though or you'd be getting a 4 flash fault code for open limits.

A typical roll out switch with red reset button.....
Name:  roll out.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  4.0 KB

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: