Natural gas packaged unit not heating

Old 01-14-18, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Natural gas packaged unit not heating

Natural gas packaged unit: International comfort products brand model number wpg3304060rkc1. The AC is working normally. When switched to heat the unit comes on and blows warm air for a few minutes inside and then stops blowing inside. The unit outside is still on and you can feel the unit blowing cold air out of the hole on the outside of the unit where it should be blowing hot air. I replaced the thermostat already and it is not the problem. The units are less than 5 year s old. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Tiggercub; 01-14-18 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-18, 01:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 410 Votes on 385 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I see it's a packaged unit. Are you sure it's a heat pump ?
The tech lit shows it as a natural gas burner.

Either way.... you're looking at a main blower problem. Could be a defective capacitor or defective motor.

Old 01-14-18, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just turned the unit on again and now it began blowing hot air and then changed to cold air both inside and outside after about 15 minutes. It is a natural gas packaged unit. I updated my post to reflect that. Do you still believe it could be a blower problem or something else? I just checked all of this myself this time. I was going off information from a family member before. I really do greatly appreciate your time and assistance. Thank you.

Last edited by Tiggercub; 01-14-18 at 02:29 PM.
Old 01-14-18, 02:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 410 Votes on 385 Posts
I moved your thread and changed the title.

If the air continues to blow inside but is cold.... that wouldn't be a blower problem. That would be the burner shutting down. Possible a restricted airflow issue. Dirty air filter, blocked return, too many registers closed off.