Tjernlund ss2 powervent faulting

Old 04-16-18, 02:02 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tjernlund ss2 powervent faulting

Need some help with the above noted powervent and this written towards somebody familiar with them, term wise. It is on an oil furnace and is a side wall unit. It has been faulting out on me on occasion. I called the factory and got the guide to it and the 4th led blinks 3 time. It has something to do with the prover circuit. I called the factory back and they told me to switch dip switch 9 to bypass the prover circuit false readings. The manual says though to not bypass for a sidewall unit. Not sure what to do. What if the motor really does have a problem, furnace may not shut down and would put fumes in the house. It is about 10+ years old and factory says it does not need yearly service. The problem is, when it faults, my furnace shuts down and will not restart til i turn the breaker off then back on. Imagine if thus happens during winter and i am out of town. I can't trust it.

i had my furnace service company come in as a piece of the ductwork to the vent went bad, rotted out at the reducer. I thought the hole caused it to shut down, pressure loss, but it still does it with the fitting replaced. My furnace service company is aware of the issue but they are not familiar with this powervent. I also noticed a little bit of an oil smell when my furnace runs, but it may have always been there and i am just paying more attention. I'm afraid the furnace company will just keep poking around at it without really knowing what they are doing either replacing parts that are good or causing other problems. Don't know what to do.

Old 04-16-18, 03:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
Where is the "call selection" jumper located ?
Dry - 24v - 120v

Old 04-17-18, 04:28 AM
S
I have the older SS-1 unit (no LEDs) and every few years I have to clean the tube that goes to the vacuum switch that "proves" operation and allows boiler start-up. Maybe this helps -?- Steve

Old 04-17-18, 04:30 AM
M
It is located on 1 and 3.

Old 04-17-18, 04:34 AM
M
How do you clean the tube? I'll check it, was never cleaned.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: