Carrier Bryant furnace control board cycles fan after shut off

Old 11-01-18, 12:23 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier Bryant furnace control board cycles fan after shut off

I have Carrier Bryant CES0110017-00 furnace control board that when the thermostat shuts the gas off the blower motor cycles several times for a few seconds after the cooling down period. I was able to get the board to work normally after cleaning the spade connectors and contacts in the ice-cube relay. As time wore on the board started to do the same thing again.
I tried looking up a replacement board or a "conversion kit" that would fit the enclosure and function normally and am not sure which board would work?
Thank you for any help in this matter.

Old 11-01-18, 08:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 18 Votes on 15 Posts
This problem could also be caused by a limit switch tripping.

Is the air filter clean? If your system also cools is the cooling ( evaporator) coil clean?

Old 11-01-18, 11:32 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,620 Votes on 1,491 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

We allow one thread per topic or problem. This is your thread.

As far as I know.... that control board is strictly a timed blower controller so I don't know how cleaning contacts could help it. The blower is coming on after the call for heat has ended. Usually that would mean a defective board but on that controller...... when a safety/limit switch opens....... the blower will run/cycle until the plenum is cool.

Old 11-02-18, 06:16 AM
R
The first thing I checked was the High Limit. I have a new spare and it does the same thing.
The relay would shut off stopping the fan after time out,then cycle a couple of times,each time much shorter in length. The coil field was collapsing,them partially forming again until it went to zero.
I'm getting a bleed through from one of the circuit components,most likely the IC circuit.
The contacts of the ice cube relay were eroded again and really throw a spark when closing/releasing.
The blower motor is drawing less current than it is rated for and spins freely.( direct drive to fan)
I found a new solid state control board that was listed as preventing this problem. This should solve the problem.
Thank you for your replies.

Old 11-07-18, 06:22 AM
R
The new ICM271C furnace control board showed up and it solved the "run on" problem. The start-up and cool down run times are longer by a full minute but so far have been right on the listed times.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: