(Goodman) blower comes on, cycles three times and does not ignite....

Old 12-30-18, 07:37 PM
(Goodman) blower comes on, cycles three times and does not ignite....

I'm having the same problem and getting the same error code of 1 flash. This is after I turned off the power and reset the furnace. So the ignitor's are igniting but they are not getting any fuel to start up. The gas valve is in the open position and paid up as far as that goes.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-18, 07:46 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

I moved you to your own thread. Two members problems in the same thread is confusing.
The 1 flash is lockout. You need to restart the furnace and see what code you get before the three tries.

Please describe in order what happens.

Old 12-30-18, 07:54 PM
We need more information, your post is very difficult to understand, for example you say the burners are igniting but aren’t getting fuel....
What error code is shown?

Old 12-30-18, 08:30 PM
Sorry about the confusion. The ignitor glows then goes out. It does this 3 times. Then it gives me the error code of 1 flashing red light for ignition failure. It says to check the gas flow, gas pressure, gas valve and flame sensor. Which of these do you believe it to be?

Old 12-30-18, 08:43 PM
It’s not the flame sensor causing it not to ignite.
Is the gas valve getting power? What’s the incoming gas pressure? Are other gas appliances working?
The error code isn’t there to tell you what parts to replace. It’s just telling you a general reason why the furnace isn’t working. You’ll need to do the rest of the diagnostic work to determine what’s wrong.