Auto Fan not working with Honeywell Lyric T5

Old 01-08-19, 06:46 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Auto Fan not working with Honeywell Lyric T5

Hi I have an old HVAC and thermostat with classical 5 wires R W Y G C...I replaced it with the Lyric T5, connected accordingly, but now the Auto Fan doesn't work when I turn on the Het...Fan works, just not in Auto mode ...I've used the following settings:

200 - Conventional Forced Air
205 - Standard Gas
221 - Heat Stages: 1 / Aux/E stages: 0

I've read somewhere that by default, the Lyric T5 is set up to rely on the furnace/boiler to initiate the fan when in AUTO mode and needs to be configured so that instead the thermostat drives the turning on of the fan when in AUTO mode...but I'm not sure how to do this

PS - on on my old thermostat, there is a switch on the back that is set to electric as opposed to gas, but nothing on the T5

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 01-08-19, 07:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,595 Votes on 1,470 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

205 - Equipment Type - Conventional Forced Air Heat: Standard Gas, High Efficiency Gas, Oil, Electric, Hot Water Fan Coil

Old 01-09-19, 03:17 AM
R
PJmax - just so I'm clear, you're saying I should choose the ELECTRIC setting instead?

Old 01-09-19, 09:29 AM
Group Moderator
Yes.... try the electric setting.

Old 01-09-19, 05:56 PM
R
Ok tried, but to no avail...

Old 01-09-19, 09:49 PM
Group Moderator
In your first post you said auto fan wasn't working. Auto fan normally just controls the blower in A/C mode. All gas furnaces have blower control built in. Apparently that is not functioning on your furnace.

On many stats..... electric mode allows the stat to control the blower in heat mode.
You could try one last setting change.....try hot water fan coil. This won't hurt your system. See if the furnace and the blower come on when they are supposed to.

If that doesn't work the only other thing you can do is to try Honeywell tech service. There may be a way of changing the fan operation for furnace mode. I've checked all the tech setup bulletins.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: