Trane XR 80 blower motor

Old 02-01-19, 03:34 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Trane XR 80 blower motor

As I sit here at 5:20 am I have something going on with my furnace blower motor. Last night before going to bed I heard like squeaking noises coming from the furnace. I went down there and heard them again coming from the blower motor area. They then went away again and the blower ran quite all night until 5:10 when I have the stat set to go to 67 for wakeup. I then heard the "hum" from the blower motor like I did a year ago when I had to replace the start capacitor. I went downstairs turned off the main switch and turned the motor by hand and it kicked on when I turned the switch on. It is running now but every once in a while I hear that noise from it. Should I just leave the blower set to on for now and leave it run all day? I know I am going to need it swapped out but not sure when I can get someone over here. Thanks for listening and the help!

Brian in -1 degree Mi

Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-19, 05:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,189 Votes on 1,100 Posts
That's the sound of a bad bearing on the blower wheel side of the motor. Typically as the motor runs and gets hotter.... that will get worse. The motor will restart from cold for a short while.