Bad inducer motor?

Old 02-01-19, 11:30 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bad inducer motor?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but we have a Luxaire gas furnace that's about 5 or 6 years old and its been making some crazy noises lately. We had 3 different technicians here to check it and one finally said it's the inducer motor. He didn't seem to want to work on it and said it would be ok but the noises have been getting worse so we called them back and they are sending someone else out Friday morning. My question is is it safe to wait that long? If the inducer motor goes completely out wont the house fill up with CO?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-19, 12:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,203 Votes on 1,113 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The inducer is the first thing to start up on a call for heat. It must be running and prove vacuum to the pressure switch. If it doesn't...... there won't be any burner. If at any time it fails to run during a call for heat..... the furnace will shut down on fault.

It is safe to wait for a replacement.

Old 02-02-19, 01:05 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much for letting me know. I wasnt too worried until the woman that answers the calls for the company I had here started telling me what to watch for with CO poisoning. That got me thinking which is never a good thing. Thanks again and have a great weekend!