Trane XR90 furnace is blowing cold air

Old 10-19-19, 07:57 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Trane XR90 furnace is blowing cold air

Trane XR90 is blowing cold air;the red pilot light is showing 'blink+blink+pause', Can you help me troubleshoot and fix myself? Thanks, Peter Wang

Old 10-19-19, 08:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

XR90 is a group..... not a model number.
The two flash code means the furnace is in lockout.

You need to power it down and watch what it does on power up.
Post here exactly what it does for us.

Old 12-01-19, 07:51 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I had this same problem this week, and discovered that with the combustion cover on, the flame wasn't propagating to the left-most (farthest from igniter) manifold. this was causing the flame sensor to trip as it wasn't sensing flame. I found this odd that it would work just fine (startup normally) with the combustion cover off, but when I placed the cover back on, it would fail to start. I removed the 4 screws holding the gas manifold off, and adjusted each of the flame guides. Also, checked all the connections to each of the sensors, checked the air intake, cleaned the flame sensor with steel wool lightly, and re-assembled everything. now, it's working perfectly. not sure which of my activities actually fixed it.

Old 12-01-19, 09:44 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,480 Votes on 1,368 Posts
People don't understand that a furnace is not an "install and forget" appliance. It does need routine service. A thorough cleaning would include removing the burners for a full cleaning.

Most gas suppliers offer good service at very affordable prices. They don't usually use the hard sell to replace the furnace.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: