furnace wont kick back on

Old 10-29-19, 10:04 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
furnace wont kick back on

I have a Carrier energy efficient furnace. Not sure what year but I was told its 25+ years old. It has an electronic filter and humidity control. My furnace was working until a few days ago. I noticed it would turn on sometimes and not other times. Now it just doesnt kick in on its own. I would have to go and tuen the furnace switch off and then on to reset. The house temp would be at 60 and the thermostat would be set at 65. After reset the fan would kick in and start going. Then it would start slowing down and i would have to manually turn the blower for it to kick in and get the igniter going to start heating up. After the thermostat gets to temp it shuts off. Once it shuts off it wont kick back on unless I restart the whole process over and over. Is there something wrong with my blower motor?

Old 10-29-19, 07:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,412 Votes on 1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Yes..... there is problem with the blower motor. It could be as simple as a defective capacitor but over 25 years old..... I'd say it has worn bearings and will require replacement.

When the blower doesn't run up to speed.... the furnace faults on overheat.

Old 10-30-19, 05:46 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you Pjmax. Ill take it apart and clean what I can to see if it works. I did find out that I have an fault code 42 Inducer outside valid speed range

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: