Carrier model blower motor rocks back and forth

Old 11-17-19, 08:54 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Carrier model blower motor rocks back and forth

Hi,

i have read several forums regarding the GE ECM modules. We have a Carrier (2007) that has a ECM 2.5 EH01 module

i tested the motor using the standard tests and it has checked out ok so am confident the issue is with the module. I looked at the i rush current limiter (SL22 1R020) but other than a a few stress marks and perhaps a tiny chip mark there are no burn marks on it or either side of the board.

My question is could the icl be bad even if itís not fried or without burn markings? It would cost me 25 bucks to buy an upgrade icl the sl32 one. I tested the legs of the icl and get continuity but I am not sure you could have continuity and still have it be bad? It would cost me 125 for a used ecm 2.5 EH01 module.

any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-18-19, 06:34 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Update...I did a resistance test at room temperature on the icl on the board and it did not register a resistance bug it did have continuity (is that because itís soldered you the board?)

I am fairly handy but no expert. I can fix things but just need advice and guidance. I read through so many threads related to the bad thermistors but did not read anything about ones that donít show obvious damage .. burns marks etc

I am tempted to get an upgraded 30 ohm vs the original 20 ohm one and replace the original but donít want to throw even more money into what may be a bad module

I am located in Canada and itís hard to find thermistors. I gave to order online and they are 30 bucks but again may cost me time and money when the thermistor may not be the issue

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: