Whole Home Humidifier Issue

Old 12-04-19, 04:23 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Whole Home Humidifier Issue

I have Bryant Evo 95S Gas Furnace and accompanying thermostat. Also installed is a Carrier whole-home humidifier. When I bought this home three years ago the humidifier was not operational. Finally having some time I worked through troubleshooting each component and it seems the humidifier does indeed work, but it is not getting the 24V from the furnace as expected. The humidistat has two wires that run to the furnace (red & white) with the red connected to the DHUM connection and the white to the COM one. With that I get no power. I have set the Evo Control Thermostat to the highest humidity setting, but still no juice. If I pull the red and give it constant 24V from a nearby pump the humidifier works great. However, that is far from perfect as I only want water running to the humidifier when needed. There is a HUM tab style connection, but when testing it with the voltage meter I didn't see any juice there either. I am at my wits end, but I still have fight in me. Any ideas on wiring this right? Should I ditch the humidistat and use a relay instead? Perhaps there is an issue with Control not calling the humidifier? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-04-19, 11:02 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Dhum is only active in A/C mode.
You want HUM. HUM is only active when the burner is going.

Make sure you have a 24v HUM terminal and not a 120v HUM terminal.

Jim72 voted this post useful.
Old 12-05-19, 07:19 AM
J
Thank you for the reply. Logic was telling me it was wired incorrectly by the previous homeowner, however I did not get any juice with the voltage meter on the HUM, although now I am not sure if the burner was on. To access that area it kills power. I did depress the safety switch for testing, but perhaps I waited for the fan and not the burner. The good news is it is 24V, according to the diagram. I will test the HUM connector again, with the voltage meter AND while the burners are on!

Attached Images  
Old 12-05-19, 08:10 AM
J
The HUM connector did indeed work, albeit there is a delay from when the burners ignite and the connector provides power - which is probably by design. Crimped on a new female spade, connected it the HUM connector, and now my whole home humidifier is working! Thank you!!!

Old 12-05-19, 04:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Good job. Name:  thumb.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  1.6 KB Thanks for letting us know how you made out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: