Goodman wont heat

Old 12-14-19, 01:23 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Goodman wont heat

I have a goodman natural gas furnace no AC unit. I have been having an issue with it for a few weeks. The control board shows no code just solid red LED. When the furnace goes through startup cycle it runs the blower and induction motor heats the hot surface igniter clicks the gas solenoid, but no gas seams to come out and it does not ignite. I do not get a no flame code. There are also times when I go through the run sequence that the induction blower will run then stop 2-3 times the igniter will not come on and then it will stop all activity as though the pressure switch was not detecting the induction blower was on. I assume it is in lockout, but even when I cut power to it the lock out seems to continue as it will not try to run anything. I have tried cleaning the flame sensor, removing the filter, replacing the control board, replacing the flame roll out sensors. I am not sure what else I can do at this point especially given the furnace does not respond in the same way each startup attempt.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-19, 01:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 448 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

That's the idea of the control box fault LED. To inform you of a problem. If it were locking out it would give that flash code. If the pressure switch didn't prove...... the igniter will not heat up and that's another code.

It's sounding like the control box is not responding correctly.

Old 12-14-19, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply. We've replaced the entire control board and still get no error code (with the old board and now the new one). Just shows a solid red all the time. Any additional thoughts?

(Actually, hold that thought. We just jumpered the control board to remove the thermostat and that seems to bring us heat for the first time in a long time). I guess that means we replace the thermostat?

Last edited by jake.; 12-14-19 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Added more recent info
Old 12-14-19, 04:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 478 Votes on 448 Posts
You said it was going thru the start up cycle. It won't do that without the thermostat calling for heat.