Olsen bfl 120-2 Air filters

Old 01-09-20, 02:17 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Olsen bfl 120-2 Air filters

Hi! I apologize for what will seem an incredibly idiotic question but Iím stumped and hope someone can help. I moved into a home in Oct and had a home inspection done. The inspector noted that there was no service sticker on the furnace and that the air filter was installed incorrectly. We had the owner provide proof of service and I have called that company repeatedly with no response despite promises they will call me back. My concern is the air filter due to health issues. The air filter was folded and put in a space it definitely didnít belong. Iíve looked through the furnace manual and gone to Home Depot and requested their help. No one can tell me where the air filter should be so I can install it. Iím dealing with a lot of other issues with the house and canít afford a HVAC person out here till next month when I get my disability check. (The house was apparently a bad flip that held together till I closed). Could anyone tell me where I can find the correct filter location? There is a numbered section in the parts part of the manual but I canít tell from there where it is on the furnace. Your help would be greatly appreciated and again ... I know itís a ridiculous question!!!

Old 01-09-20, 02:25 PM
T
Received 37 Votes on 35 Posts
The question is fine. Given that the inspector told you the filter was put in incorrectly why can't he tell you the right way? Most inspectors would do that.

Old 01-09-20, 03:12 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
At that point it appeared the furnace needed to be serviced prior to closing (but the seller provided proof it had been serviced later). I also assumed I could get a hold of of the company that serviced the furnace ...

Old 01-09-20, 05:02 PM
R
Received 109 Votes on 103 Posts
Take a photo of the furnace and where the filter was placed.
You may have to measure the size of the filter rack.
The air filter isn’t there to filter the air in the house. It’s purpose is to keep debris out of the equipment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: