Gas Furnace won't ignite no error code

Old 02-12-20, 05:50 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Gas Furnace won't ignite no error code

Hi, I have a goodman model number GMPN120-5. Last night it was not working. I checked the error codes and it was 3 blinking lights pointing me to the pressure switch. I looked in that area and the hose to it did not seem to be attached good. I fixed the hose and it started up. Success I thought. It ran for a little while then shut down again. This time there are no error codes, solid red light. The ignitor flame glows but the furnace never fires and then it shuts off again. Any suggestions of what to look at before I call someone. Thanks, Donna

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-20, 09:19 AM
Group Moderator
Received 835 Votes on 782 Posts
The red light lit solid on the main board is normal and means the furnace is waiting for a call for heat.

Old 02-12-20, 09:28 AM
D
Yes, so I wondered what to check next. Since initially I got the 3 blinking lights and attaching the hose better seemed to fix the problem. But it shut off again. Now I get the solid light as if no problem but the furnace does not ignite. The ignition flame lights for a few seconds, motor, and I can hear a click and then shuts down, It should be calling for heat, I turned up thermostat. It tries 3 times and then shuts down altogether, till I flip the main switch.

Thanks,
Donna

Old 02-12-20, 09:31 AM
Group Moderator
When you turn the thermostat up..... the light should flash. Then when the furnace doesn't light you should get a trouble code. After three tries it will lockout. If the igniter is working..... it's not a pressure switch problem. It could be the wiring to the gas valve.
Possibly the large plug on the main board is not on tight. Remove it and reseat it.

Old 02-12-20, 11:02 AM
D
Nothing seemed loose. I will call someone. Probably better to have someone look at it. I thought if I could figure out problem maybe my son could fix. Thanks for your help

Old 02-16-20, 08:16 AM
D
Update..... I didn't have to call anyone. I did get the trouble code after the 3 times and then the shut down. Now it said ignition, one flash. I remember another time something like this happened. Had to hit a reset button. My furnace has 4. One is on top kind of hidden, I couldn't remember where it was and couldn't find. A friend came over to look at it and found that reset. Everything else on system looked good. Hit reset button and fired up. Been fine since. Thanks
Donna

Old 02-16-20, 09:36 AM
Group Moderator
The only reset I'm aware of is on a safety stat right above the burner. It's called a roll out switch. If that's the one he reset..... you need to have the furnace checked as that sensor monitors for excessive flame issues.

Old 02-16-20, 11:09 AM
R
Received 93 Votes on 87 Posts
Post a picture of this reset button that you pushed.
That model furnace has known heat exchanger problems.