Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Gas and Oil Home Heating Furnaces
Reload this Page >

Goodman Gas Furnace GMP075 3 Blinking lights no suction from the inducer motor

Old 02-17-20, 08:57 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

So, the fan works, but no flame, 3 blinking lights for "vent or pressure switch vent blockage"
I've seen a couple of related messages for the similar situation and I followed instructions and it looks like inducer motor nipple is blocked. If I suck air from the pressure switch, the flame turns on. If I try to suck or blow air into the nipple, it is completely blocked.
I've seen recommendations to use a small drill bit and somewhere is says paper clip, but could not find complete instructions. I can insert paper clip approximately 1 and 1/16 and then gets stuck, while the visible nipple length is approximately 3/4 of an inch. Is it deep enough? I can drill with 1/16 drill bit approx 3/4 of an inch. Not sure what is the right drill diameter and how long each of bit and clip can go to avoid damage.
Also, since this is completely blocked nipple, does it sound safe, until the issues is addressed, to manually shorten the switch connectors at the right time just to warm the house time to time?

Top Answer

02-17-20, 08:00 PM
fastback
Received 21 Upvotes on 18 Posts
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-...H575/100341101

In the summer I use these for their designed purpose on AC installs. In the winter I use them to clean out plugged inducer ports.

Old 02-17-20, 09:50 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
I've never had a port completely blocked off where nothing would go thru. You should be able to push something small enough into the port to hit the fan blades. I use a sharp pointed probe to clean the hole. 1/16" may be too big.

Unfortunately shorting the leads on the pressure switch won't work. The furnace checks for those leads to be open on a call for heat and then go shorted when the inducer starts. If they are shorted from the start you'll get a shorted or closed switch fault code.

Old 02-17-20, 10:07 AM
S
Thank you, will try something smaller and will try deeper.

I can start it "at the right time", after the fan starts, it gives me heating at least time to time when I can shorten it. But hopefully will be able to address the issue soon.

Old 02-17-20, 12:03 PM
S
A piece of 30G wire did the job. Thank you!

Old 02-17-20, 12:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,922 Upvotes on 3,518 Posts
So is everything working ok now ?

Old 02-17-20, 05:10 PM
S
Yes, and even the paper clip I've used before, was little bit too thick, but the wire just went through. Thank you!

Old 02-17-20, 05:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 41 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Thirty gauge wire is SMALL. Now that you have an opening, I'd try a small drill bit. With a hole as small as you have I'm really surprized the switch would close.

Old 02-17-20, 08:00 PM
F
Received 21 Upvotes on 18 Posts
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lincoln-...H575/100341101

In the summer I use these for their designed purpose on AC installs. In the winter I use them to clean out plugged inducer ports.

Grady, PJmax voted this post useful.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: