New Trane install & AC Question

Old 02-26-20, 11:51 AM
Z
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
New Trane install & AC Question

I am replacing my 27 year old furnace and AC. My home is only 1150 sq. feet and someone put a 92,000btu in it. I found a 95% Trane downflow with two stage and multi speed [New in box] for $900, It is 60,000btu high, My mane duct is 9x14 so according to chart is ok square inch cfm for 60,000btu?? Will be LP, Does this sound ok??

AC I found a YORK AC unit with A-coil [13 seer] for $885 will fit bottom of furnace and is 2 1/2 ton They had two AC units both York--same size and seer New in box--But one is bigger in size than the other and took more Freon than other how can this be if all specs are the same??. Both 2 1/2 ton?

One more thing? What the heck is this? Manufactured Housing Accessory Kit, BAYMFGH200A-- I seen it in Tranes manual but can,t see what it is??

I checked with both companies and they said as long as I register them when installed I,ll get the factory warranty,,seems ok?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-20, 05:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
We have no way to know if 60K btu/hr is too much or not. There are free manual J calculation programs available. You need to use one to determine how much heat & cooling you need for your house.

Old 02-26-20, 07:33 PM
R
Received 94 Votes on 88 Posts
Need to run a load calculation to determine what size is needed.
A manufactured home should have HUD certified equipment.