How to install a Manometer to monitor home filter airflow?

Old 02-28-20, 05:42 AM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to install a Manometer to monitor home filter airflow?

Years ago I was researching something for work and I read a review of the Series Mark II Manometer from Dwyer. One of the reviews was a person who mentioned that they installed one on their home heating system to monitor when they needed to change their air filter. For some reason that stuck with me.
Last year we had a new furnace installed and we opted for the reusable/cleanable filter. It's a pretty fine mesh and the airflow diminishes quickly. I thought a pressure drop monitor would be a good idea. I'm not 100% sure how to install the thing though. Does anyone have pictures or instructions for how to do this? I've searched for videos and images online, but I'm still not sure I understand the exact installation (I've found decent instructions for installing a magnehelic gauge. Is that the same thing?)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-20, 05:57 AM
Received 276 Votes on 257 Posts
Old 02-28-20, 06:14 AM
U
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Marq1, I saw that video. I guess my questions are more about where to place the hoses on the furnace, and what fittings/ends do I need.

Old 02-28-20, 08:35 AM
Received 276 Votes on 257 Posts
From the video is appears all the hardware was included, it's just requires a port on both sides of the filter, the pressure difference is what your reading!