Furnace exhaust question

Old 03-24-20, 12:48 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furnace exhaust question

I am looking to install a fireplace insert but my chimney is not able to support. So I would like to remove my chimney and run piping for the furnace and for the new insert. My question is how large does a glue pipe need to be to exhaust a furnace? I do not plan on running both units into the same flue so I want to know if I have enough room to run two pipes up in the same cavity. Or is there an option where I can run the furnace out the side of the house ? Thanks for the help
Old 03-24-20, 01:46 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 62,066
Received 3,422 Upvotes on 3,068 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

You'd need to know what each appliance requires for a vent line. If it's an 80% furnace it will probably require a B vent. Many fireplaces require concentric pipe to bring in fresh air while exhausting fumes.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: