York Furnace with error code 11 red flashes

Old 04-21-20, 12:27 PM
X
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
York Furnace with error code 11 red flashes

My furnace model is York gy9s080b12up11. Came back to the house and found the house temp was cold. Checked the furnace and error code was flashing 11 times. Read the back panel for the error code - limit switch open with blower failure issue. I had replaced the motor blower a few years ago (maybe 3 years when I had error code with 4 flashes) with Fasco Model A225 and was working well until today. The motor was running hot when I opened the panel. Noticed a little burnt mark on the panel where it faces the back of the motor coil. Turned the furnace off and waited for another 20 mins before I turn it on again. This time it seems like it was working - igniter fired up the gas and was burning. No error flashes at this point. Thought it was blowing air. About 5 minutes later, I checked the air coming out from the vent and it seems cold - not very strong flow either. Went back down to the furnace and code 11 came back. I've been googling for answers and it seems a little daunting - not sure if the sensors or switches are working and where to start diagnosing for the issue. Is the motor really out of service? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-20, 01:44 PM
Group Moderator
Received 824 Votes on 774 Posts
The 11 fault code is lockout. You have to watch for a code when it fails. You need that code.
Fault 11 is set after 3 unsuccessful attempts.

Old 04-21-20, 02:07 PM
X
Didn't know that. I'll look out for the code again.

Old 04-22-20, 05:52 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 23 Votes on 21 Posts
In order to catch it you will likely have to babysit the furnace to get the cause of the lockout.

Old 04-23-20, 12:26 PM
X
It was a four red flashes - limit switch open. I took out the blower for inspection and the fan seems okay. Took out the limiting switch and noticed the cap was partially opened. Must have blown out or something. Luckily I kept my old blower. Took out the old switch and replaced it. Will continue to monitor if the high temp switch is working as intended. Haven't fully tested the high limit yet.