Damper Clicking

Old 10-27-20, 04:44 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Damper Clicking

Hello,

I had someone over yesterday to look at our system for some return updates. Last night when the heat kicked in for the zone i hear clicking coming from the furnace to find out that zone's damper is stuck. When i removed it i think the spring is all messed up and seems broken. When messing with it too i might have made the problem worse to try and get the damper to move as now it just does nothing.

The model of this unit is M847D1004.

Is there a better model that I could get that can tell me if open/closed by chance? Also, if a new does it matter how the 2 wires are plugged into it? Last, is there a way to test those 2 wires to make sure they are still working when the zone turned on?

Thanks

Last edited by bline22; 10-27-20 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-27-20, 09:03 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,610 Votes on 1,482 Posts
That damper motor is 24vAC so there is no polarity.
You would check at the motor for 24vAC when the damper should be open.

I've just used the original replacement motor. Never substituted a different brand. The replacement in the link has lights on it for open and close. Both lights may only work with three wires.

Honeywell damper motor replacement

Old 10-30-20, 12:47 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I bought one of these and am working on installing it current. I have it setup like one other zone with the same model. I also looked at the zone control unit to see if the wires were the same and they are so would guess that this should work the same.
Not sure it matters but it should open the dampers when calling the zone but the one time it worked it seemed on call it was closing but I haven't been able to get it to trigger again.
Any hints or tips on what i need to do to get this to work?

Old 10-30-20, 01:16 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,610 Votes on 1,482 Posts
M847D-vent is the power to close version.
M874D-zone is power to open version.
You can change the wiring at the controller to match either type in your application.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: