Draft Inducer

Old 12-17-20, 12:52 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Draft Inducer

When my Furnace kicks on the draft inducer starts then the spark pilot kicks in and lights the burner. The furnace will run but the inducer shuts off during the time its running then kicks back on relighting everything again. Is the inducer suppose to operate this way or is it suppose to stay on the whole cycle?

Old 12-17-20, 01:08 PM
R
Received 112 Votes on 106 Posts
No, inducer is supposed to run constantly during a heating cycle.
Are you certain the burners aren’t shutting off due to an error, and the inducer shuts off then? Or is the gas valve still open when the inducer turns off?

Old 12-21-20, 11:30 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The burners are shutting off also. I have had to replace the High limit switch that went out on the furnace. When the burners and the inducer shut off they only stay off of a short time then kick back in. When we turn the heat up a couple degrees the inducer and burners will kick off a couple times during the cycle.

Old 12-21-20, 06:33 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,476 Votes on 1,364 Posts
So your burner is short cycling. More than likely on high heat due to poor/inadequate air flow thru the heat exchanger.

First thing to check is the filter.
Also check and make sure all/most of the registers are open.
Return vents aren't blocked.

Hmmmm..... as I'm typing this I'm reading the draft inducer is also shutting down. That is not a high heat issue. Technically..... the draft inducer is shutting down and that in turn shuts down the burner. That is a problem with power to the inducer. That may indicate a defective relay in the control board requiring a board replacement.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: