Oil burner won't light up to heat hot water

Old 05-21-22, 04:57 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Oil burner won't light up to heat hot water

Hello, I have an oil burner that heats up the house in the winter and also the hot water. Now that we have the heat off we have been running into issue with the boiler not firing up to heat up the hot water. When I go down to check the boiler lights are all lit up. Usually a reset gets it going but I noticed when it fires on sometimes, something doesn't fully connect. It's been happening more and more frequently. Interesting enough this morning I turned the heat on and when I went to the boiler- it turned on immediately, stayed on, and I was able to get the hot water heater water warmed up. I quickly tuned the heat off (cause it's going to be in the 90s today) . I know I have to call for service but it's the weekend and it's just the hot water (I live in a two family with my mother in law so I can use her hot water if needed) I don't feel like paying extra for a emergency service call.

Anyways, why is this happening? just curious. I'm sure it's a bunch of reasons but I noticed we tend to run into this issue once we keep the heat off. The boiler was fine all winter- maybe needed to be restarted once or twice. I noticed that I have to restart it when the heat is off for a few hours when it starts getting warmer out. could just be a coincidence. I also know not to keep restarting the oil burner too.

Old 05-22-22, 06:48 AM
Received 158 Upvotes on 144 Posts
Hi, what boiler lights are all lit up, are flashing, is there a legend on the boiler that tells what the lights mean, we really need more info on the system to be helpful.
Geo🇺🇸

Old 05-22-22, 12:21 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: