Furnace Orientation

Old 11-22-22, 11:43 AM
T
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Furnace Orientation

Hello, I have a NTC6075FBA1 gas furnace that I would like to use in my garage/workshop. I would like to mount it horizontal with the supply air on th right side (air return on the left side) but cannot find anywhere if this orientation is acceptable. The manuals I have found online do not mention acceptable orientations.

Does anyone know or can point me where I may find this information?

Thank you.

Old 11-22-22, 01:03 PM
C
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts
According to manual here: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...v4eAr-T5MksKCa

It can be installed either vertical or horizontal left or horizontal right.

Old 11-24-22, 06:31 AM
B
Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts
I believe the manual is referencing air flow entry in furnace in regards to vertical and horizontal, not the furnace orientation. Air flow is defined by 2nd digit in the model number for this manufacturer. All drawings in the manual show the furnace oriented vertically.

Old 11-24-22, 09:14 AM
C
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts
Per the manual:
INSTALLATION
May be installed as an upflow furnace or as a horizontal
left or right furnace.

Old 11-24-22, 03:14 PM
B
Received 206 Likes on 182 Posts
Carbide Tipped, I read the same but here is my thought process. A vertical oriented furnace has the burners horizontal with the heat exchanger above the burners. If you orientate the same furnace horizontal, the heat exchanger is adjacent to the burners. Since heat rises, this can't be efficient. Maybe there is a tradesman in the audience who can clarify.

Old 11-24-22, 06:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
https://inspectapedia.com/heat/ICP-N...-IO-Manual.pdf

I agree with CarbideTipped, upflow vertical, horizontal left, or horizontal right.

It may have been necessary to move the pressure switch when this 20 year old furnace was installed.
I wouldn't consider installing a 20 year old furnace today.

Pressure Switch Relocation If the furnace is installed in a right to left airflow position (left side of furnace facing down), the pressure switch will remain in the same position as installed by the factory (see Figure 5). If the furnace is installed in a left to right airflow position (right side of furnace facing down), the pressure switch MUST be relocated to the left side of the furnace using the holes provided in the top panel. Position the pressure switch in the same orientation as the original location. To prevent possible kinking of the pressure switch hose, trim the hose to remove excess.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: