Sealing Fasco inducer fan pipe connection

Old 02-20-24, 01:44 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sealing Fasco inducer fan pipe connection

Have a 25 year old amanda 92 % gas furnace. Having problems when changing inducer motor with water leaking from 1 1/2" pcv pipe connection Tried some white flex seal but it leaks, 3yrs ago I used clear flex seal and it never leaked at all. Was wondering if I should be trying a product like.Gasoila soft set ? Also the problem I have with these Fasco 280 inducers is after 2 or 3yrs. their plastic blower wheels loosen up locking the motors up. Was wondering if I should try a steel blower wheel with a set screw instead as these inducers keep going way up on price, like over $100.00 from 2 yrs ago. Thanks

Old 02-21-24, 02:27 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I think I found the problem with the Fasco A280 blower wheels, they put putty over the motor mount well holes which does not work as the water gets to the motor mounting nuts and they rust causing rust bloom of the nuts which the rusted pieces of the nuts get jammed behind the blower wheel making noise and sometimes motor lock up. I think this is a manufacturing problem , should not have to buy one of these units every 2or3 years as they are getting very expensive, almost $300.00 and some places want $500.00. Still working on the 2"PCV pipe leaking.

Old 02-21-24, 04:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,149 Upvotes on 3,726 Posts
Can you post a picture or two ?
How to insert pictures.
It sounds like the condensate is not draining properly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: