blower trouble

Old 07-26-01, 11:43 AM
Visiting Guest
Unit: Lennox Whisperheat G20 series

Ok heres the story so far. The temp in my house has steadily been climbing. so Ive checked my usual trouble spots (breaker panel, filter, Ice on the blower) and was ready to make that dreaded service call when I noticed my blower was not running. I checked the unit and heard some noise from power in the unit but it wasnt turning. I spun it by hand and it spinns like a top. So what ive done is jumper from my red to green on the BCC2, and the blower is happily running on high. I dont have my tester so I cant test VAC and thats about the point where my flowchart goes into heating, the next steps are replace the BCC2 or jumper to test the damper. my question is will having my blower jumpered for an extended period be excessively harsh on the blower? Im not HVAC cert. and have no more exp with heating and cooling than putting a wall unit in. what can I do without having to pay an $80 an hour service fee?

ANY HELP will be much appreciated, thank you!!

Old 07-26-01, 08:58 PM
Visiting Guest
If you jumpered "R" to "G", and the blower came on than the contol board "BBC2" is okay. "G" is the blower terminal. You are not getting a signal from the T-stat to the furnace for the blower.Try replacing T-stat.

Old 07-27-01, 07:59 AM
Visiting Guest
thermostat

Thenks for your help. I checked the thermostat out and it seems to be ok.. all the wires are ok and the board doesnt look damaged. But Ill try it and let you know.

Old 07-27-01, 11:19 AM
Visiting Guest
When the room temperature is above the cooling thermostat set-point the thermostat is closed across the "R" and "Y" terminals and completes a circuit to the compressor contactor coil.Connect a jumper lead to the "G" terminal of the "BBC2" and touch it to the wire from the compressor contactor coil that connects to the wire from the "Y" terminal of the thermostat(usualy a Yellow wire) and see if the blower runs.We are presuming that the compressor operates when the thermostat is closed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: