Thermostat installation, please help

Old 10-04-01, 02:38 PM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
Hi i want to replace my old thermostat with a new one. the new one that i got is a sears model no. 387 .911120. Can someone help me by telling me what wire to connect to what? on the thermostat there is 6 contectors and they say...6-six, MV, W, R, G, Y. can someone tell me what wire to connect to what? thanks for the help

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-01, 05:46 AM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
ok i opened my thermostat and this is what i found. "o" goes to orange, "g" goes to green, "Y" goes to yellow, "X2" goes to black, "B" goes to blue, "W" goes to white, "T" goes to brown, and "R" goes to red. and the only thing on my new thermostat is "6-six", "MV", "W", "R", "G", "Y". can someone please help me.

Old 10-06-01, 03:47 PM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
sounds like you have a Heat Pump ,and didn't buy a Heat Pump T-stat. make sure you have the correct stat for your application, Good luck

Old 10-06-01, 04:56 PM
Rmen13
Visiting Guest
yea i think i do have a heat pump. my old thermostat was a mercury one and had 8 things connected to it and the new one i got only had 6 so if i go to like home depot and ask for a heat pump thermostat, they would give me one that has 8 connection places? thanks

Old 10-07-01, 06:25 AM
HVAC Man
Visiting Guest
yes they shoul, let me know if you need help with the new one,
Good luck

Old 10-08-01, 08:48 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
T-Stat

Hi,

It's also good to take the old t-stat with you to be sure you get a matching one. For future reference--- "O" = Orange = Reversing Valve = Heat Pump,if wired by Wiring Color Standard as it should be.Take Care, hope this helps.

CoolBreeze