Lennox vs. Trane

Old 12-17-01, 04:26 AM
Visiting Guest
Lennox vs. Trane

Looking to have new furnace installed....(see previous post). Am getting quotes and wondered if anyone had an opinion on the reative reliability, ease of use, cost of repairsetc on a Trane vs. Lennox. I am looking at 80,000 BTU units with 2-1/2 ton blower capacity. Thank you!

Old 12-17-01, 08:32 AM
Admin Emeritus
Upvotes: 0
Received 7 Upvotes on 6 Posts
Smile ......My Two Cents Worth

Hello: PV1

To answer your question directly...it doesn't matter much...in the area of your posted concerns and regardless of which unit brand you purchase.

What is of prime importance, in my opinion, is after the sale and installation what the written warranty states, who will honor it, who will service the unit and if parts are available, etc.

Dealing with a authorized and qualified local heating agency is always the best choice, regardless of brand, in my opinion.

Each local company and or direct dealer and or contractor wants to have as many satisfied customers as possible. Word of mouth is any businesses best form of advertisement....

And there you have it...."My Entire Two Cents Worth"....

Regards & Good Luck
Gas Appliances Forum Moderator
Tom_Bart Company Enterprises.....TCB4U2B2B
Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics Technician.
Alway's consider the warranties and future service needs for any major appliances your considering to purchase. Price isn't always the best guide for long term appliance investments.

Old 12-17-01, 11:52 AM
Dvath
Visiting Guest
Notwithstanding the sound advice from Tom, that I wholeheartedly agree with, I can honestly say that three seperate members of my family have recently gone with Trane, including myself, and we are completely satisfied. These were residential 80% eff. units. Good luck.

Old 12-17-01, 03:11 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Tom's reply was perfect.

Find the most honest and reliable dealer whether Carrier/Trane or Squirrel Systems who has a good reputation for standing behind his product and installation with a good warranty.

You will have the winner.

I 've had Carrier, Trane and Lennox. Lennox is not what I would choose (Trane seems rated best), but met some people when we moved here who swore by a fellow in business for 28 years. Very slow, not the cheapest, but one winter when one of the compressors went out, he was at our house in less than an hour, and had it fixed in another 1/2 hour and no charge under warranty. We had a subsequent problem (our fault, smashed one of the compressor lines to the air handler, and he was here in less than two hours, charged us $60 bucks service call, no charge for the pipe used to repair,,,,,a great smile and said thanks for your business. If he's selling ice cube igloo with bird wing fans,,,,we'll buy it from him.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: